Friday, June 28, 2013

Grow Where You're Planted

Hi everyone! :) I made a card with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week. The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this sketch was the Yin-Yang symbol! It's a totally different sketch by Jennifer Brum. Anyways, my idea was to try some soft colors for the card. Thus, I used a lovely color combination from Color Throwdown challenge this week : Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Pretty In Pink and Cool Caribbean. This is the first time I'm entering a color challenge. Do check out their fabulous creations!

I bought some cute tag paper pads from Michaels recently and I picked a lighter color tag to stamp on the sentiment. I love the sentiment "Grow where you're planted" and decided to use it for this card.  I embossed the flowers, leaves and the sentiment with clear embossing powder. I couldn't resist doing some faux stitching around the images as well as the tag! I finished off the card with a thread around the pink patterned paper and tied a little bow. That's all!

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card! I love the colors and how you did the flowers and ribbon. Very well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! The sentiment looks great stamped on the tag. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown. Hope you'll join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute sentiment and great dimensional flowers! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete