Sunday, October 9, 2011

Colorful Birthday Cards!

Hey there...does someone have a birthday coming up? Well...I tried something new here.. not a new concept...however, it's new for me...cards from scraps! It's actually quite simple...and I am totally addicted to using scraps to make card.
Set of six cards
When it comes to designing a card...I tend to think a lot! I plan before making a single cut of any paper. This time, I was little conscious on saving my time...and entered the scrap pile :) My idea was to use scraps along with simple cardstock bases and limit extra embellishments to finish up each card. Instead of using patterned papers...I used clear stamps to decorate each card.

Top view
Let me share a few words about clear stamps. Unlike the rubber stamps, clear stamps are transparent and slightly tacky...allowing them to be adhered to an acrylic block...They come in a variety of  designs such as floral, swirls, borders, sentiments, objects, animals and more funny shapes. Each element on a set of stamps can be inked separately or can work together to create a larger image...sounds cool right? They are amazingly easy to use...believe me, you can do wonders with them! I made these cards using the circle and dots stamps. Check out this video on how to use clear stamps...

Thanks for visiting Nifty Crafty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment